What is the LCS Parent Ambassador Program?
The program organizes school families and prepares them to be part of the Lighthouse Christian School recruitment team. It sends them to the community to talk to other parents and connects them to new families enrolled at LCS to ensure a smooth transition.
- What is the purpose of this program?
Lighthouse families are star recruiters. Word-of-mouth between parents is the best way to promote the school. Many school families are here because they were referred to us by another parent. The goal is to encourage families to get involved on behalf of LCS and get involved in the recruitment process and to recognize the great work they already do in attracting new families.
- How will students benefit from this program?
Growing enrollment ensures that Lighthouse has a prosperous future, which will allow us to bring new resources and enhance our curriculum.
- Who can join the program?
This is a family-oriented program. LCS families, LCS alumni, and LCS alumni parents are welcome to join.
- Why should I do this?
- You are already doing it! The Parent Ambassador Program promotes teamwork and builds a stronger community.
- How much work does it involve?
You decide. You can talk to prospective families, attend recruitment events, talk at area churches, pass out promotional material, call prospective families, be a Social Media Ambassador, and follow up with new families about how great Lighthouse Christian School is. How much effort you put into this program is totally up to you.
- What if I don’t know anything about recruitment and marketing?
Don’t worry. We will learn together. Lighthouse will provide the marketing materials, information, and training you need.
- Do I need to complete a background check to participate?
- All activities around children and in school require that you complete a background check. However, it is not required if you participate in marketing events outside of the school (for example, speaking to a group at a local church).
- Contact Barbara Sweatt at firstname.lastname@example.org