Philosophy of Education
Lighthouse Christian School exists to glorify God by offering a Christ-centered, quality education that assists parents in developing leaders and disciples of Christ.
Philosophy of Christian Education: It is our conviction that a school is an institution set up by man for the education and training of our children. A school should provide both an environment and a curriculum conducive to effective learning. We believe that, as a Christian school, it is our responsibility to build Christian character in our students. We believe that children should be trained to do right because it is right to do right, and not to do so just for rewards. We believe that there is a natural need for well-defined boundaries governing their behavior. The teacher in the classroom is the authority and must be upheld and respected by the students and their parents. We expect our students to be honest and to exercise personal initiative in class work and homework. Every student must show respect and must obey in attitude and action certain definite rules which are set forth. Therefore, in summary, our philosophy may be stated as follows:
- There is final, absolute truth which as a unit centers in the Creator God.
- This truth is revealed in the Bible, and is personified in Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God.
- Christian education is a Christ-centered, biblically integrated process of developing spiritually, mentally, physically, and intellectually mature young people.
- The ultimate aim of life is not adjustment to society, but conformity to Christ.
- This objective is achieved by a disciplined life of sacrificial service, patterned after Him who pleased not Himself (Matthew 20:28).